Ewa Beach, HI asked in Divorce and Family Law for Hawaii

Q: Am i allowed to take items out of our home to the pond shop bc husband won't support family financially?

I am in a abusive marriage and decided to leave him. I am working with social workers who help me go through the court/legal process. I have a TRO and he cannot contact me or his children. He refuses to support his children financially. He pays for rent and major bills but refuses to give me money to cover my expenses for me and the kids. He buys a little groceries just so we dont starve but it is not enough for me and my three kids. I need money to file for divorce. I am a stay at hm mom. Do i have the legal right to take some of our electonics to the pond shop? Or other items that are 'ours'? I have absolutely no money at all. Hawaii/he is military

Looks like ONE of the lawyers doesn't like my spelling. I speak three languages, I am not from America. I am sorry that i have offended you. Defenetly a lawyer that i would not hire!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: Hire an attorney and get the advice that you need about this. At least go to speak with a family attorney in your area and have a full discussion.

1 user found this answer helpful

A: it's "pawn shop", by the way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.