New Haven, CT asked in Family Law for Connecticut

Q: I have a court order to pay child support in puerto rico and I have my son what do I do if no one in asume picks up pho

We did in affidavite in Puerto Rico ,If no one responds where do you send documnts so that I wont keep getting charged and on top she asked for a revision. I dont know what to do,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jerome N. Goldstein
Jerome N. Goldstein
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Your question is incomplete as you do not state whether your son is in Connecticut, where the orders involving custody and support were set, and what the affidavit was for. From what you state your question may require an attorney in Puerto Rico if that was where the court orders you refer were set. More information is needed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.