Tecumseh, OK asked in Workers' Compensation for Oklahoma

Q: what kind of attorney do we need for long term carbon monoxide poisoning by employer in Oklahoma

My husband was working for a company that manufactures drill bits and carbonizes them with high temp furnaces. Well he has Carbon Monoxide levels in his blood of from 1-10. 10 being the worse his was at an 8 and then 2 months of being out of there has only went to a 6. Has been having terrible migraine type headaches along with others who work in same area . Have pictures of Carbon Monoxide monitors showing a reading of 100+ levels in the area and they breath this 12 hours a day. Husband also has more things starting to happen. His short term memory is getting really bad and whole demeanor has changed. It is still affecting him. Is off work on disability at this time due to back is broke from years of repetitive work and needs surgery on top of this. He is only 52. Please what kind of attorney do we need. Not just him there are at least 3 others if not more effected too.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: An attorney who does personal injury litigation.

But in many states workers compensation is an exclusive remedy. This means that a lawsuit against his employer might not be allowed.

Also, CO2 means carbon Dioxide. I believe you mean CO (carbon MON oxide).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.