Moreno Valley, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: Does a parent have to comply with cps for a new born child. Cps is questioning if parent is capable of caring for child?

Parent has a case in AZ she's in process of getting her child back. She has moved to California to get better.Now when she first came out she did test dirty for drugs but has been clean for remaining pregnancy. And did not test dirty after giving birth.Does she have to comply with cps....,?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Irene Phillips
Kathryn Irene Phillips
  • North Hollywood, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: My questions to you are: What is the alternative? Who is asking you to complete that? Probably it is a Certified Social Worker from the DCFS. If you refuse to comply, what is the likely result? Very probably the case will be monitored by the DCFS and you may end up in Juvenile Dependency Court. You have to weigh your options and the likely consequences in making your decision as to whether you will comply.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.