Charleston, IL asked in Consumer Law for Illinois

Q: What recourse do I have if I company doesn't honor its warrenty

I bought a computer it went out in a week I have a year warrenty on it and the company is jerking me around on sending it back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Drew R. Ball
Drew R. Ball
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You should have the warranty honored by the company. If they refuse to take action to fix the computer, assuming you have followed all necessary steps outlined in the warranty, then the next step is to contact an attorney and provide them with all of the documents and correspondence you have had with them thus far. You can always file a complaint with the attorney general and the better business bureau to try and prompt action before consulting with an attorney. Best of Luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.