Arlington, VA asked in Immigration Law, Personal Injury, International Law and Medical Malpractice for Virginia

Q: International student get assualted by a person who tried to rob me

Hi I am an international student here yesterday I was going to my home waiting for the bus. Bus came that guy went first and asked me a change but I don't have any change then he punched me to my chin and pushed me I fall from the bus I got bruise on my chest and feel sore on my face and I don't want to pay for the medical payment and I don't want to get medical aid either what should I do ? Do I have to get an attorney ? Is it bad for my visa ? Please help me ? What benefit I can get from this case ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Glendale, CA

A: Hello,

Sorry about the incident, you might be able to apply for a U visa if you meet certain requirements. However more facts and information is needed, you should immediately contact an immigration attorney as this could be a huge positive for you to get a green card through the U visa. All the best.

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.