Portland, OR asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I am currently on parole in Florida. I'm in a extremely abusive relationship. I went to another state with close family

Im pregnant and he doesnt know. My husband took out a life insurance on me. I'm scared. How do i get ahold of my parole officer? How much trouble will i be in? I went to another state to be with my family. It was a holiday weekend. All shelters full.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Bourdon
Elizabeth Bourdon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: While on probation, you are not allowed to leave the jurisdiction without permission from your probation officer, and you also cannot change your approved residence without your probation officer's approval. Your question was asked two weeks ago, and I'm unsure whether you have returned to Florida or not, but you need to get in front of this immediately, and if you want to move to another state, set that up through your probation officer to transfer probation to the new state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.