Peoria, AZ asked in Health Care Law for Arizona

Q: medical should be paid 75% by dad, due within 45 days. Can interest be charged if over a year before pmt in full?

Court paper work states 45 days to be reimbursed to me after pmt.The total due was $820.20 due to me. I attempted to set

up a payment plan with him and he totally ignored it and sent what he wanted. I made payment in full of this amount in four payments

starting 4/22/14 and final payment in August of 2014. I received my first payment from him on 7/28/14 of $75.00 and his final payment

to me was 8/3/15. Can I charge him interest on the total amount that was due? It took him a year or more to make payment for the amount.

This is Arizona Family Court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jay Hall
Jay Hall
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Not unless your order specifically allows it. Generally speaking, your only remedy is to file a contempt action against him when he willfully fails to comply with the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.