Moreno Valley, CA asked in Bankruptcy for California

Q: A Paralegal made false and misleading statements to me which lead me to file a chapter 7. how can I get it dismissed?

I have four suspended LLC's, I asked a Paralegal how can I get the suspension lifted so I can sell a rental property to pay what I owe. The Paralegal made false and misleading statements, that " if you file a bankruptcy, the automatic stay will lift the suspension so you can sell your rental property to pay the LLC debt" Based on this statement I filed a chapter 7. The paralegal botched the filing so bad that the Bankruptcy Court fined him. Can I file a civil suite against the Paralegal, and can I get this filing dismissed based on the Paralegals false and misleading statements?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Grace Rodriguez
R. Grace Rodriguez
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Chatsworth, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes you can file a lawsuit for the fraud. But even better, if you look at your bankruptcy filing, you will see that there is information regarding the United States Trustee's office. You should contact that office and file a complaint against the Paralegal for giving legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.