Woodstock, VT asked in Health Care Law for New Hampshire

Q: MS orthodontist overcharged us by $700, but will not refund the amount. What options do I have?

The office overcharged us and it was only caught after they started billing my insurance for visits we didn't have. They admit to the overcharge, but 2 years later they only will say, "We are working on it." I no longer live in the state.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
  • Nashua, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: You could certainly retain a lawyer to investigate your options, but for such a (relatively) small amount, you would quickly spend more in legal fees. You may want to look at small claims court action. You can file and manage those online. May be enough to at least settle for some of the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.