New Hampshire Health Care Law Questions & Answers

Q: My husband is in need of surgery for a golf ball size tumor is being sent to Boston. We just found out about this tumor

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Answered on Aug 2, 2017
Israel Piedra's answer
Yes. You should certainly talk to an attorney. This is a possible case of medical malpractice, though of course a lot more investigation is necessary.

Q: The doctors gave me narcan and thought I overdosed when i have never done any opiates....can i sue?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Answered on Feb 22, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
If something bad happened by their not doing wha they should have possibly. Consult a member of the NH Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

Q: MS orthodontist overcharged us by $700, but will not refund the amount. What options do I have?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for New Hampshire on
Answered on Jan 28, 2016
Israel Piedra's answer
You could certainly retain a lawyer to investigate your options, but for such a (relatively) small amount, you would quickly spend more in legal fees. You may want to look at small claims court action. You can file and manage those online. May be enough to at least settle for some of the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.