Punta Gorda, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I got a DUI over.15 last year on March 1st.. I Did 80 days in jail and 1year probation.. Second DUI, first in 2001..

All classes complete, cost of supervision paid, I have been paying on my fines monthly..

However they will not be paid in full by the end of my probation..

Can I be sent back to jail or will they work with me to establish a payment arrangement?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Bourdon
Elizabeth Bourdon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Go to the attorney who handled your case and ask them to review your paperwork to see if you risk being violated. If you do, ask them to file a motion to modify your probation. In the meantime, you really need to do everything possible to pay all of that off. I would ask every relative and friend to please loan you money so that you don't risk ending up back in jail over the unpaid fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.