Fargo, ND asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Minnesota

Q: I'm looking to get a past charge expunged

The charge is a 4th degree CSC that happened over ten years ago I have no same or simulars. I feel that the charge was wrongly tried I've also had to deal with two failure to register since then from paperwork errors on the states behalf and served 390 days incarceration that was not justly ordered from my former parole officer... I have not been assigned a risk level at any time for the charge... The victim of this charge has told me through other parties that this is a wrongly stated event and says she has never felt victimized by any of my actions while we were acquainted in the past... I'm trying to better myself life as best I can yet I'm held back greatly from such accusations and prior charges.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: A criminal defense attorney can help you. However, know in advance that expungements can be a bit of a crapshoot and the rates of success tend to be low. With an attorney on your side, you can present a more solid case for the expungement. An expungement tends not to be an expensive case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.