Asked in Criminal Law for Wyoming

Q: What to plea

Hi.... I am in wyoming and my son was caught with a larger amount of weed and from what I understand more then one baggie he is being charged 2 felonies and one mistamener.... He has his Arraignment tomorrow and his court appointed lawyer really hasn't been much help....What should he plea?? I know he is being charged with possession and also being charged intent to deliver

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Plymouth, IN

A: If he doesn't know how to plead, he should probably plead not guilty. It is generally not wise to plead guilty at the arraignment. If he is not happy with his public defender, he should seek private counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.