Hahira, GA asked in Car Accidents for Georgia

Q: My gf got in a wreck while driving on suspended license but was cited for not having license on her. She paid ticket..

My gf got in a wreck while driving on suspended license. They wrote her a ticket for not having a license on her because she was injured at the time and had to go to the ER. The officer originally wrote the ticket for driving on suspended license, but changed it due to her being injured. She has paid the ticket, but the report says driving on suspended license. Will she still have to go to court even though the ticket was changed and she paid for the ticket?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Windel Marsh Jr
Troy Windel Marsh Jr
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Statesboro, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: By "report," I am assuming that you mean the accident report prepared by the investigating officer. If my assumption is correct, then what the officer wrote on the accident report is irrelevant. What matters is what the officer charged your girlfriend with and what she paid the ticket for. If the charge was driving without license on person, and she paid the fine for that offense, she may not have to go to court. However, some offenses carry a mandatory court appearance, so she needs to verify that fact by calling the Clerk, whose number should be on the back of the ticket. My website is www.statesboroaccidentlawyer.com.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.