Sandy Hook, CT asked in Animal / Dog Law for Connecticut

Q: Service Dog stolen


I am doing this to help my friend, a disabled vet whose service dog was stolen when he was very ill in the hospital. This is in Connecticut. We know where the dog is but she refuses to give him back. Can you help in any way? It's been over a year now since he was taken. We gave only had empty promises of a pro bono attorney who has done nothing, although she says he has a very strong case. Of course he does - it's his dog! The dog is microchipped and registered to Raymond. He's had Major since he was a pup of 8 weeks. He is heartbroken and really wants and needs Major back. Can you please help??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
  • Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Have you filed a complaint with the police? It is stolen property and you want the property - service dog back. Filling charges with the police would put pressure on the person who stole the dog..

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.