Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Utah

Q: My boyfriend of 10 years past away and I found a will that he had wrote so I put in to the judge a probate to get his

Estate his xwife that has his son is contesting the will saying he didn't wright it and bring my criminal past into it saying I'm not a reliable person! Can she do that? She supened my mom??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Orem, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Anyone has the right to contest a will. You will have to meet the prima facie case to show the will is authentic, but they will bear the burden of proof to overcome that once you show the will is valid. You need the assistance of a good probate lawyer to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.