Torrington, CT asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut

Q: I am 17 and got my first ticket for speeding, going 52 in a 30. Will my liscence be suspended? If so for how long?

The officer did not mention losing my liscence to me he just said I seem like a good kid and he didn't want to do this to me but he just mentioned that I have to pay the ticket which is $196. Also is the ticket fine normal? Because it seems very high

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
  • Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: No you will not lose your license - you just need to pay the ticket. The fine does not appear to be unreasonably high to me.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.