Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Connecticut Traffic Tickets Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: I received a parking ticket in Bridgeport CT for parking too close to a crosswalk. other states say signage is key.

crosswalk that has not been painted (very faded) section behind my car is not there at all, and also no signage saying not to park there.

Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Feb 4, 2019

You can contest the ticket and take it to court. You may be able to persuade the state's attorney that you are correct.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: : A friend got a ticket and a court date she used her sister's info can she go to court like she's her sister?

All she needs to do is provide insurance and registration they'll drop the case will she get caught in traffic court I'm afraid she'll go to jail

East Hartford, CT

Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Jul 6, 2018

Do not defraud the court. This is a ridiculous question. I am trying to imagine a situation where an attorney will write in a public forum that it would be ok to defraud the court. Again, do not defraud the court.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: Hello I was recently involved in an accident.. I was issued a court summons without a docket number Is this vaild!?.

I was charged with reckless driving failure to maintain lanes due to handheld device and distracted driving...

I was coming down a one way when a car ran the stop sign to my left I swerved to my right and struck a pole. Police came and because I have a temp plate assumed my car was... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on May 23, 2017

If the summons is for the ticket there may or may not be a docket number. However you don't want to ignore it. You want to have a lawyer who handles cases before the court in the county where it happened handle it.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Connecticut on

Q: I'm being sued, what do I need to do?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 29, 2017

Notify your insurance.Call them, send them a fax with the claim# on it, send them a certified return receipt letter. Enclose a copy of the complaint or writ or both.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: CT - my son who is 29, was pulled over for driving on a suspended license. For not paying a ticket in Norwich

He says he never recieved a ticket, and he never recieved a warning from the state that they were suspending it. Took a long time to find bu the ticket is from 2015, has been suspended since 3/2016. So he has to pay a $60 fee to open this case again, what happens then

Brian Lehman answered on Jan 20, 2017

Here is the listing of lawyers in Norwich who may be able to help you.

Traffic tickets are one of those areas of law where it is a really good idea to get a lawyer who specializes in them and who also appears in that court...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: Given a 14-298 in connecticut by a state trooper. Nothing else was written except for that. Will it affect my insurance

Sally A. Roberts answered on Dec 8, 2016

Are you sure that it wasn't a 14-298a? The section you cite isn't a traffic violation. 14-298 established the Office of the State Traffic Administration,

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: Can police ask a passenger to turn over their legally owned firearm during a traffic stop?

Does a PASSENGER in a vehicle stopped for a violation, who has shown a CT permit to carry for identification, has acknowledged that he is carrying a firearm, but is not being questioned in regards to involvement in any crime legally required to turn over their firearm to the police during the stop... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

No, you should not have to turn over your fire arm if you have you permit on you and you are not suspected for a crime. Did the officer demand you turn over the fire arm?

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: My complaint ticket was due yesterday (unreg veh) -- paid first thing this morning - will I have license auto suspened?

Originally tried to pay the complaint ticket for un-renewed vehicle registration the day of the complaint but wasn't in the system -- tried the following day, but still wasn't in the system -- completely forgot this week (had one week to pay) -- due yesterday -- paid first thing this morning. Just... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

No your license should not be suspended automatically. The system should have caught up shortly after you paid the fine.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: Can I pay my 240$ motor vehicle ticket in Connecticut and have my warrent go away cause I payed it

Warrent from 2005 for motor vehicle ticket in Connecticut 240$ will it go away if payed

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

It should. Get receipts for payment - and make a copy of the check. The fine may have accumulated penalties and interest over the years so you should check on that.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: 3 tickets before age 18. Completed driving course.Just got 5th ticket. 19 mph over speed limit.What happens to license?

Will my license get suspended indefinitely?

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

Your license won't be suspended indefinitely but you very likely will have to re-take the driver retraining course.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: I recieved a Complaint/infraction ticket of possion of alcohol. Currently on Probation. what do I do??

if I pay it the officer says it goes away. (ticket was based on all hear say there was no procedure done. Breathalizer found in possession nothing) but if I pay it and my P.O found a way to dig it up then what? I wasn't honest and I'm violated. But if I'm honest and tell her I'm violated anyway... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

You posted this a month ago - that you were going to your probation officer the following morning. So how did that meeting go? What did you tell your probation officer? You might have a follow up question to post here.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: I am 17 and got my first ticket for speeding, going 52 in a 30. Will my liscence be suspended? If so for how long?

The officer did not mention losing my liscence to me he just said I seem like a good kid and he didn't want to do this to me but he just mentioned that I have to pay the ticket which is $196. Also is the ticket fine normal? Because it seems very high

Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

No you will not lose your license - you just need to pay the ticket. The fine does not appear to be unreasonably high to me.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Connecticut on

Q: Suspended license in CT didnt know about or wasnt informed what can I do?

Received a ticket in CT several months ago and mailed in the form pleading not guilty. I never heard anything back from the DMV or court so apparently I missed the court date which resulted in suspended license. I found out when attempting to renew insurance and contact the DMV right away and did... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 31, 2015

You have done what you can do, but ask if there is anything that you can do. Go see a local attorney about this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.