Wayne, NJ asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Securities Law for New Jersey

Q: 2 "investors" gave me checks worth more than $100,000.00. But they bounced, they are fraud checks. what should i do?

Two guys were claiming to be stock investors. I invest $55,00.00 with the first guy, and he made me sign a contract, with his and my signature. when i asked for my return money with the profit, the second guy came me 5 checks worth more than $118,000.00. But the checks bounced and the bank gave me a statement proving that the account was shot down before the date that was issued on the checks and the Bank gave him notice about the account shutting down. So the Bank gave me a statement saying these checks are fraud. What action should i take?

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Contact all levels of law enforcement, including FINRA and also contact the NJ State Attorney General. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.