Denver, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Wyoming

Q: Can a person who is waiting 2 months on worker man's compensation receive money from family to help out?

Nephew has been off work due to injury. Had back surgery, got staf infection and now a year later finally released by a Dr. With numbness and pain still. He asked about a MRI they said later. Took him off of Workman's comp and approx. 2 weeks later

did MRI, to find out bones are breaking where screws were put in and that is what is causing numbness and pain. Pissible nerve damage) Now he has to go back on Workers comp, who owe him $16,000.00 back pay (they are fighting this still). He is $7000.00 behind on rent. Thank God for his renters kind hearts.

Anyways, can family give him money to live on (he gets food stamps) to help out.

There family of 6 do not have a car it is borrowed, they do have a lawyer helping them to no avail.

How can we help this kid and family without penalties?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX

A: Oh course. There is no effect on WC benefits, perhaps on ss though.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.