Philomath, OR asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Oregon

Q: I have a question about obtaining a temporary stay order until a legal action is heard in court or arbitration

We have received a letter stating as invitation to occupy our property has been revoked by trust and we must vacate immediately. We want to challenge it and need time to determine our legal recourse

1 Lawyer Answer
Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Beaverton, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: If you are already residing on the property, then the trustee must commence an FED action to evict you from the property. That should give you the time you need to evaluate your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.