Centralia, IL asked in Divorce for Illinois

Q: Divorcing the same person for the second time..

My ex and i have been married twice now. During the first divorce i didnt have a place for my daughter to live with me since i had been kicked out so she went to live with her father. he then took me to court to get full custody of her which i happily gave to him. We got back together a few months later and remarried but never changed the custody of the child. Can it be changed during this divorce?

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

J. Richard Kulerski Esq.

  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Yes, depending upon the best interests of the child.

Jeff Hughes

  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: It's not cut and dry, but yes there is a possibility to change.

Trisha Festerling


A: Yes it can be changed, but that doesn't mean it will.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.