Jensen Beach, FL asked in Environmental and Personal Injury for Florida

Q: Has anyone filed a restraining order against Army Corp of Engineers in Florida? Is it possible?

We are being poisoned by ACOE releasing billions of gallons of toxic agriculture waste onto our small town. Destroying the largest Lagoon in No. America. We need help. Politicians, owned by Sugar, are not listening!

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Suggest you contact some environmental group--they are the ones who have sued the Corps of Engineers, and have the technical resource to determine what is released, from where, by who--in a Court all that has to be proven. Think you want to look at a violation of the Clean Rivers and Harbors Act. Suggest you start with the Sierra Club of Florida

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.