Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Environmental legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Florida Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Environmental for Florida on
Q: Do I have any legal put to stand on

The kitchen I work in is continually over 90 to 99゚ according to osha that's too hot what actions can I take

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Jul 18, 2022

The first step is to request the employer to comply with the OHSA safety standard and to keep a paper or electronic trail of written communications about the issue. If the employer fails to comply or fires you for raising the issue, immediately seek a consultation with an employment law attorney... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Appeals / Appellate Law, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Florida on
Q: Live in a CDD, adjacent to StormWater Area & wetland. Purchased for privacy. Area behind my home is floodzone AE.

There's a "No Public Access" permit condition in deed restrictions, "no public access" sign at entrance. The plat illegally shows "RECREATION"

People ignored the sign, talking and disturbing me at all hours. Property Mgmt sent a letter stating the area... View More

Barbara Billiot Stage
Barbara Billiot Stage
answered on Feb 19, 2022

You can use the “Find a Lawyer” link on this page. Lawyers cannot contact you first. The dismissal with prejudice seems very harsh just for not attaching the documents.

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Florida on
Q: What law or regulation is allowed or not allowed to install water parks on public beaches in Florida?

What law or regulation is allowed or not allowed to install water parks on public beaches in Florida? Where can I find this document? Which service in the state government issues permits for such business.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 20, 2021

A Florida attorney could advise best, but your question remains open at this point. You would probably need to look through various laws on the federal, state, and local level that address land use and zoning. And even then, things like this might not be expressly addressed, but implied, simply by... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Florida on
Q: I am 17 and I want to love with my girlfriend out of state, what requirements do I need to figure out so I can do it ?

I am 17 and I live in Kansas with my dad and siblings. I have one year left of high school. But I don’t have a drivers license or ID. And i am not emancipated.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jun 26, 2020

You should ask your question in Justia > Ask a Lawyer > Kansas, as it pertains to the law of that state, not Florida.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Environmental for Florida on
Q: What is the allowed distance between signs notifying me of pesticide application in a complex of about 100 homes?

I live in a condo and the association hires a landscaping company that sprays pesticide everywhere. I saw them applying it yesterday but found only one small sign in front of one of about 90 homes that are spread out over about 1/4 mile. This seems insufficient to warn consumers to stay off the... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 4, 2020

You could check with the state or local agency that administers pesticide applicator licenses. In many states, it falls under the control of environmental or agricultural agencies. In Florida, it might be the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. If it's not under them, check with... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Florida on
Q: We have mold and mildew in our house in the attic under the kitchen sink and the water smells like rotten eggs

Our daughter has been to the hospital 5 or 6 times in one month

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 11, 2019

Contact the local county health department about this health problem, right away.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental, Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Florida on
Q: Background story: there was a flood in the upstairs apartment above mine which caused mine to overflow with water up to

my ankles, water ran down from the ceiling and through the walls. My possessions to got damaged, I called the rescue department and they advice me not to pay my tenant until that was resolved and gave me a case #. She took me to court for an eviction, as I was holding on that month's rent.... View More

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
answered on Feb 26, 2018

sorry for your situation. short answer is that there is just no way to explain why without first reviewing the documents that you reference in your post. Best option is for you to consult with an attorney in your area to go over all the documents and history to make sense of what has and is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Florida on
Q: can i get you to call me?

where i rent.....the landlord has promised to fix things, 5 mnths later we still have no elec. in half the house, we have sever roach infestion he promised spray and has never. floors in the hallway falling thru, the deck broke and my mom fell thru it and hurt her self 3 months ago and still he has... View More

Christopher Reynolds
Christopher Reynolds
answered on Dec 7, 2017

That sounds like an awful living situation. There are landlord/tenant laws in Florida that protect tenants such as yourself. Call a local landlord/tenant attorney to discuss your situation and see what options you have.

Please be advised that these communications do not create an...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Environmental for Florida on
Q: Who is typically responsible for environmental hazard disclosures in home sale transactions?

After receiving a letter from an environmental cleanup consultant firm on behalf of a large company responsible for a chemical spill, I was informed that my house is situated on a 2008 chemical spill plume that was estimated to take 78 years to clean up. The letter said that, at one point, the... View More

Jonathan A. Klurfeld
Jonathan A. Klurfeld
answered on Oct 20, 2016

The sellers have the duty to disclose legally. The realtors have zero duty to look into the background of the house; they're job is mostly transnational (paperwork etc). The home inspector would have never found this out from walking around the house for an hour, that is likely a dead end.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Environmental for Florida on
Q: My neighbor is flooding my land!

I bought a property a few years ago to build a home on, i noticed it has a problem with the drainage and it didnt take long to realize my neighbor blocked off the ditch, he did this cause he owns grazing land on the west and south side if my property, so instead of installing a culvert he just... View More

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Sep 16, 2016

Yes, there is a government official you can contact: a judge. In other words, you have to file a lawsuit.

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Has anyone filed a restraining order against Army Corp of Engineers in Florida? Is it possible?

We are being poisoned by ACOE releasing billions of gallons of toxic agriculture waste onto our small town. Destroying the largest Lagoon in No. America. We need help. Politicians, owned by Sugar, are not listening!

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 27, 2016

Suggest you contact some environmental group--they are the ones who have sued the Corps of Engineers, and have the technical resource to determine what is released, from where, by who--in a Court all that has to be proven. Think you want to look at a violation of the Clean Rivers and Harbors Act.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Florida on
Q: What's maximum punishment for violation of 50 CFR 27.51

Disturbing animals on a national wildlife refuge to wit; feed american alligators

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Aug 7, 2015

Did you get an answer to this by now, over two years later?

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Florida on
Q: Can a FL state court punish you for complying with a US Army Corp of Engineers Cease and Desist Order?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Aug 6, 2015

Surely, there are more facts than those within the question. An attorney needs to know all the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.