Tacoma, WA asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: My Dr falsified my medical records in order to perform an inappropriate surgery.

My Doctor performed a lumbar laminectomy decompression surgery on me for lower back pain. He falsified my medical records to say that I had radiating pain down my buttock and legs, he said that was my primary complaint. I had no pain anywhere except me lower back, I can prove that using the records from his own office. I saw his RN 5 times before seeing him, nowhere in her notes does it mention radiating pain. I have since been told by my new Dr that surgery is only appropriate when radiating pain is present. I have a degenerative disc at L4-L5. He said that a fusion with discectomy is the only surgery recommended for my diagnosis and even that only has a 60% success rate.

I have contacted a Lawyer in WA state he told me that I will need to pay $10,000 to have an expert testify that the surgery was not warranted. I don't have that kind of money. My back pain is worse after the surgery. I can no longer work and now have radiating pain. Is there some way that I can sue him for the him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: All I can suggest is to check with some other attorneys who are members of the state of Washington Assn for Justice who handle medical malpractice cases.They give free consultations. Depending on what your MRI's show, op notes show, pathology report shows, if your disc was shot it wouldn't be malpractice. But get a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.