Washington, MO asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: If Medication Prescribed causes Severe Allergic Reaction & Suffers a Brain Injury from a Fall, Is that Med Malpractice

I was Prescribed A Medication by My Psychiatrist that I Had a Severe Allergic Interaction to Where I Blacked out and Fell Down my Daughters Basement Steps and was Rushed to thee Hospital with Acute Subdural Hematoma and also Had too Additionally have 7 Staples put into my Head I Was Transferred to a Rehabilitation Facility to Do 6 weeks of Physical,Speech and Occupational Therapy.Thee Severe Allergic Interaction of thee Medication Completely Lowered my Electrolyte imbalance to Nothing which is what caused me to Black out.This Psychiatrist was Very Aware of thee Side Effects I was Having from this Medication when I Bought it to His Attention but He Refused to Take me off of it because His explanation was " My Body Needs to Adjust to thee Medication.I Believe that thee Negligence that Revolves around this Incident Should be Bought Against thee Psychiatrist.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: I would contact a member of the State of Washington Assn for Justice that handles medical malpractice and drug manufacturer liability. They give free consultation. Get a print out from your drug store of your medications taken for the 4 months before the incident. Yes, you know them, but get the printout.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.