San Diego, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: If my soon to be ex wife is trying to make me pay for two kids I did not father during our marriage because she cheated

How can I show the courts not to make me pay for these kids

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Susan G. Cohen
Susan G. Cohen
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It is possible in a California Dissolutuon or child support action to challenge paternity. But if the children were born during your marriage they are presumed to be your children under California law, in most cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.