Camp Hill, PA asked in Libel & Slander and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My family and I have a woman who will not leave us alone, this has been going on for over 4 years.

We had to sell our house because of it, shows up at public places where we are, followed my son around our old neighborhood, stops her car and stares at my children if she sees them somewhere, spreads rumors about us, had a very disturbing phone call from her husband, and constantly trying to provoke me. We have moved away as previously stated, but still she will not leave us alone. What legal rights do we have, if any, to try to get her to leave us alone? Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Patrick Link
R. Patrick Link
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If true, it sounds like the person could be arrested on charges of harassment (which could be a summary offense or a misdemeanor), or even stalking (which can be graded as a felony). Call the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.