Salt Lake City, UT asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Health Care Law for Utah

Q: How can I care for my sister?

My dad is an over the road driver and my sister wants to live with me rather than stay with his wife. Our parents are divorced and both parents are ok with this but neither live in the state. He is the custodial parent.I also don't have money for a layer due to just having a baby.

1 Lawyer Answer
Clinton R. Brimhall
Clinton R. Brimhall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: With your parents on board with this, I'm not sure I understand the difficulty you are facing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.