Panama City, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I am asking for temporary relief to be able to see my 1 year old son, Will the court let me see him?

My husband and I got into a verbal fight and it ended with him calling me a sh**** mom and I punched him in the leg. I went to jail, since then the case has been dropped and I have been going to domestic violence counseling and therapy on my own accord. I am sorry for my actions, I miss my son very much and my daughter misses him too. I call about him everyday and I ask to see him everyday. My calls are ignored. We both have lawyers but mine seems very busy. It will be six months that I have not seen him by the time we go to court. There is no court order or restraining orders in place. Will I be able to have my son back?

1 Lawyer Answer
Autumn Warner
Autumn Warner
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If your attorney has made a motion for the temporary relief and requested that you be awarded temporary timesharing with your child, the motion must be called up for a hearing. Each case is unique and while its important that you speak with your attorney about the likelihood of you being awarded temporary timesharing with your child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.