Taylorsville, NC asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: My left arm was injured to mishandling of a CT Scan at ER which left swelling, pain and possible nerve issues. Case?

I have seen a physician at the Radiology dept who suggested my family dr send me to a hand doctor. The tech tried twice to inject something however it burned really bad both times. She tried to find another IV site on same arm again with no luck, and then er nurse got another site on same arm. Had a stat Orthopedic appt however with no insurance and not being able to pay out of pocket I was told to reschedule. I have had alot of people, from my dr as well as others that stated I should contact the hospital to request them to assist me. I I still have pain in my arm as well as up into my shoulder. It was documented that the error occurred by the CT Scan department. I did not have these issues until this happened. I have a picture that shows my arm with several IV's in it. Per a tech that performed STAT ultrasounds to rule out blood clots told me I had a lot of swelling in my wrist, and hand. I still have a bruise on my arm from one of the areas and that has been 18 days ago.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: I think this is a duplicate post. Check the other answer. Yes, go to the specialist. If they ask what happened just say that since you went for a CT scan you have had ____________ & your doctor said go to the specialist. If he asks what hapened just say you got stuck with needles several times as they seemed to have problems finding a vein. That's it, no more detail unless the doctor specificaly asks for more.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.