Akron, OH asked in Criminal Law, Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Sexual Harassment for Ohio

Q: My former PCP has committed purjury to the OH Med Brd. I mailed the info to the Med Board. Will it be looked into?

I am an adult male victim of sex misconduct at the hands of my former PCP. Last yr his license was suspended for 6 months followed by 2 yrs of probation. Thru therapy I know know I did nothing wrong and was the victim of a sex crime several times over. The dr lied to the med brd on at least 10 occasions and i have documents to showed he lied and have sent it to the med brd. Will they really investigate this new evidence and what may the punishment be? Do you think this is a crime that the local prosecutor would look into?

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You should take your information to the police and prosecutor. Sex crimes are treated very seriously, but the medical board can only take his license.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.