Newark, OH asked in Family Law and Adoption for Ohio

Q: I know where they are, but I want to make sure that I don't go to jail for contacting them

I had my children taken away from me 14 years ago and my parental rights terminated. Children Services lied when they told the judge that I didn't do anything in my case plan. I had 8 witnesses plus paperwork to prove that I did everything, but my court appointed attorney wouldn't call any of them saying that it wouldn't do any good. My oldest son will be 20 in November and my second son just turned 18.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Are you court ordered to stay away from them? If not, they are adults now and I don't see how you could be arrested for making contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.