Pittsburgh, PA asked in Contracts and Construction Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What is a reasonable amount of time for a contractor to complete work? Should I send certified letter to ask for refund?

The contractor I hired took apart my retaining wall 4 months ago and never came back. I received a Violation Notice from the city and have 60 more days to fix the wall or incur daily fines. I have called the contractor multiple times. His response is always he will finish the job “this week” but he never shows up. I want to hire someone else and ask him for a refund.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Yes. But you need to line up another contractor and work to get an extension from the city.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.