Asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: My ? Is I was indicated on ssi frund in texas I was held liable for back pay plus had to do 5 years probation the judge

And also put in order I was to pay back 200.a month on the 1 of every till paid off no more are no less when I begins getting ss beenfits on mydecest vet husband I received itfor 11 month then it stoped i went to ssa office and was told that that federal judge had no right to tell tell SSA how much they could take out and they stop my 1597 a month on there own for over paymentand I have lost everything I own now I'm homeless due to them taking my whole ck my ? Is do they over rule a federal judge order please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Martin Louque Jr
Robert Martin Louque Jr
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • New Orleans, LA

A: Are you asking whether you can do something about a federal judge making you pay back money you received from social security that you never should have received?

The answer is no. You were required to pay back the money you should have never received.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.