Concord, MA asked in Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law for Massachusetts

Q: I am a pain patient with an exemplary personal record with my physicians. Due to a billing glitch he is not getting paid

By my insurance co. They claim his billing co screwed up, he is trying to blame my pcp. Either way he says he will discharge me if i dont get it fixed or pay it myself (ins co says i have zero liability) i do not want to go see another dr, massachusetts has been tough on pain patients recently and many drs wont see new patients. Do i have any rights here? Can he just discharge me for his offices screw up?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Contact the insurance commissioner. You can't force the doctor to see you. It's on you to resolve it. Insurance company is correct except that you have probably signed a paper with the doctor that says that you are ultimately responsible to pay.

Find out from the insurance what piece of magic paper they need. Ask the doctors office to give that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.