Keller, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: My wife won't respond to my lawyer so he can file the petition. What do I do now?

My wife had 2 children with another man during our marriage and now I need the children's names so I can add them to the divorce paperwork but she will not respond.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jodi Soyars
Jodi Soyars
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can file for the divorce, claim there were 2 children born during the marriage whose identity is not known at this time, request a paternity test (because children born during the marriage are presumed to be the husbands) and then amend pleadings afterwards once discovery/paternity testing is completed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.