Brooklyn, NY asked in Criminal Law and Insurance Defense for New York

Q: I am charged personal and company both,Can I dismiss personal criminal charge?Or this should not be criminal penalty?

I am a general contractor.Brooklyn New York.A few months ago,my workers were doing construction work in a residential house.Someday the inspectors of Department of Buildings came to job site(I was not there).They issued violation to my company for "work does not conform to approved plan"and order stop work.we corrected the violation and paid the penalty,also lift the stop work order.about 1 month later,I received 2 criminal court summons(1 for me,1 for my company),they send me and my company to criminal court and charge criminal penalty.Section 28-201.1 of the New York City Administrative Code(“Code")in that Defendant violated Section 28-105.12.2 of the Administrative Code on February 5,2016,by performing work that did not conform to submitted documents,which is an unlawful act and a class I violation pursuant to Section 28--201.2.1 of the Code and 1RCNY 102-01(b)(1) of the Rules of the City of New York,punishable under Section 28-203.1(1)

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in New York

A: You might be able to file a motion for dismissal, but I'm not sure on what grounds you would do so. More facts are needed here. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.