Gardnerville, NV asked in Medical Malpractice for Nevada

Q: If the Board of Medical Examiners in my state finds in my favor, how do I benefit financially ?

I am the Plaintiff in a Negligence case but do not have an attorney working for me / with me. The Nevada Board of Medical Examiners is investigating my family physician from many years ago , regarding negligence in treating my already pre-existing condition which had gone undiagnosed / untreated since childhood . I was born in 1961 and this year after a CT Scan and dozens of hospital-advised physical therapy visits paid for through Medicaid as I have been unable to work due to pain and illness, a growth-plate injury was discovered, along with a soft-tissue injury, in the right leg. At least one other growth plate injury was detected via MRI in my neck and upper back / collar bone- nerves. I also have a diagnosis of PTSD and probable TBI. If the Medical Examiner investigation proves facts in my favor regarding Negligence / Failure in Duty of Care, will this help me get a cash settlement for Loss of Income ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: chances are no, as the statute of limitations would likely have run assuming you are over 20 years old.Why not contact a member of the Nevada Justice Association and get a free consult? Look for a NJA member who handles medical cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.