Chester, SC asked in Medical Malpractice for South Carolina

Q: I would like to know if I have rights to sue.

I had surgery on my breast due to having to have a lump removed. The only thing I was made aware of is that the entry of the wound would be hard for awhile. I know have a big indention there that looks horrible. I wouldn't be going in trying to cash out lots of money, I'm only looking to get enough money to fix the problem.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Difficult to say and suggest you contact a member of the SC Trial lawyers Assn--they give free consultations. Generally, it has to be shown that what happened was due to the doctor not following accepted procedures. A bad result doesn't mean malpractice. It would make sense to see a plastic surgeon to know your options, and without being critical of the doctor who did it ask "is this usually what it looks like?"

Either way you need to know your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.