New York, NY asked in Criminal Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Communications Law for New York

Q: What if my rights wasn't taken In consideration? Do I have a lawsuit with police for not arrested for such act?

A woman I was staying with kidnapped my children my spouse & I called police to press charges they refuse to arrest this woman, suggesting that we just leave illegally evicted us

1 Lawyer Answer
Derek John Soltis
Derek John Soltis
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ
  • Licensed in New York

A: It sounds like you have multiple issues going on at this time. Eviction and kidnapping are uncommon to be heard in the same fact pattern for a complaint. You really should speak to an attorney to go over all of the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.