Stanwood, WA asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: How long will a court order a nco in a domestic violence case in Washington state? And can we ever get married

Neither one of us called the police. The call came from a friend in another state. I told the police i did not need help when they came and asked them to leave. They claim i made a statement but i dont remember due to me being drunk and impaired off my medication. Just as i was when this so called incident happened... I dont even remember the whole incident. My fiance is being charged with assault 2 unlawful imprisonment and interfering with reporting dv. The police also stated they witness injuries on me but there is documented injuries on a doctors report on my fiance that day from when i had this mental break down being drunk and my blackout.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: A no contact order has to have an expiration date. Could be (in your situation) 5 years, or 10 years. They also can be modified or lifted earlier than that by a judge.

Why the charge was filed, why the NCO was imposed, and what is likely to happen with the case are all complicated questions.You really should talk to a lawyer in person to get reliable answers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.