Jamestown, ND asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for North Dakota

Q: I've lived with my bf for 2 yrs. He owns the house. Do I have any legal right to temporarily stay?

There are no children involved. There was never any agreement for rent etc. He had a mild stroke about a month ago. He needs help with some chores and taking care of the pets. I have no other home and all my belongings are here. I left my teaching job to be with him. Towards the end of the school year I'm sure I can get a job and move and be financially stable. But that is 6 months from now. He's made false accusations against me. There's nobody else here to help him with daily chores.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Duluth, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Your question is unclear as to whether you are being forced out. This would help in evaluating your question. Without this information, your question is difficult to address.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.