Holly Springs, NC asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for North Carolina

Q: If a citizen is in a hospital in NC and some one has a Florida temp. Emergency Guardianship can they removefromNClegally

A step brother acquired a Temp. Emergency Guardianship after my father had gave me a durable power of attorney! And he kidnapped my father with an ambulance ride back to FL. That he sold my father s car to pay for it had him declared incompasitated and made a ward of a FL. Court! Now they Denied my Guardianship application to have a professional Guardian appointed!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Early bird gets the worm. You likely should have consulted with an attorney beforehand to possibly have avoided this. Now youse likely gotta travel to Florida and fight this on their home court. While you lost this round likely due to poor planning, keep in mind that the second mouse gets the cheese, if you don't make anymore missteps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.