Cabot, AR asked in Child Custody, Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Probate for Arkansas

Q: Can a grandparent granted temporary legal guardianship file for full legal guardianship with no contact of the mother

They did file numerous motions culminating in a legal guardianship being granted to the grandparents and without the court ever one time in the whole procedure seeing the mother in court and has send all paperwork to the wrong address knowingly so the mother would not be informed of the proceedings and also refuses to now allow the children any contact for the past two-and-a-half years without punishment if they are trying to contact the mother. Refusal to release any medical records and refusal to even acknowledge the mother in the case the mothers 15 year old child's car accident

1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: The guardianship laws in Arkansas have changed in the last few years. Terminating a guardianship is a lot easier now. Contact an Arkansas attorney to discuss. The law is now on the side of a parent who is fit to care for the child. If that parent consented to the guardianship, it helps also. The parent needs to have a job, no drugs, home, no thugs hanging around, etc.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.