Rochester, NY asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: I filed papers for a divorce and my husband is now acting aggressive can I leave TX and go home to PA with my children

We don’t have anything to fight over beside the children. At the moment we still live in the same house and he is becoming a bully. Throwing my shoes away, cussing and yelling all the time. I would like to leave and go home to my family in PA, but I am not leaving my children. If I take them with me can he say I kidnapped them or will this mess up anything with the divorce.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristin Kim Kline
Kristin Kim Kline
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You cannot kidnap your own children, but you wouldn't want to do anything to complicate the divorce process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.