Los Angeles, CA asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Arizona

Q: Is it true that if I want a long term rental agreement the space rent goes up 350 dollars a month

I own my home I lived here for 2 years never had to renew my rental agreement got new owners they want us to sign a month to month but got force into signing it anyways even though I wrote them and told them I want a longer lease they said if I do that then the rent goes up is this true in the state of Arizona also the owners raised our rent up to $15 more I am really worried about this month to month agreement I got two copys of my old agreement and I got everything since the day I moved in till now I writing down everything I have been told and the dates with it my husband went to see his lawyer for advise for this she said that she doesn't do that and there is no other lawyer here in Kingman that will look over it also we never got a notice about selling the park to new owners which I saw that we should have gotten one what should I do? I would like to ask can the new owners do a credit check on everyone that lives here already and kick them out for anything on the background checks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tevis Steven Reich
Tevis Steven Reich
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The landlord may adjust rent if the periodic term of your lease is up. You can pay the increased rent or refuse and move. Under the Arizona Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Act (ARS 33-1401 et seq) the landlord would need to terminate the lease and provide appropriate notice. ARS 33-1476. You should consult an attorney in your area that is familiar with and practices in this field of law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.