Pittsburgh, PA asked in Civil Rights, Employment Law and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania

Q: I need help filing civil suit and received my answer from the agency after the settlement conference.

I received no instruction or guidance. The whole time the case has been done in bad faith. Offering only to expunge my record is not enough for a case that was never investigated. And nothing supports his allegations. I had a representative however I believe there may have been a conflict of interest due to her family member seeing one of the people in my eeoc that threatened me on the job. I just want guidance or help if possible. It was never proven nor investigated. I am part of a protected class, and he retaliated against me. i endured harassment and Im a black female who made a complaint and nothing was done but I was punished. Soon as this man alleges a white female made a false allegation stated I made a threat which was false I got terminated without it being proven. Its been since 2012. I also have a 2015 for failure to hire and a summary judgement filed last year is still pending? This is before november of 2016.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you have an attorney and they are working your case and only get paid if they get money for you, they have a substantial investment in seeing they get paid so they will do what has to be done, so I'd recommend staying with them. Understand

that not every case of retaliation can be proven, especially if they can document an alternate reason, no matter how made-up you may think that reason. You may always get a second opinion from an attorney that handles employement issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.