Denver, CO asked in Medical Malpractice for Colorado

Q: can my psych threaten to not turn in completed PTSD STD p/w bc I question a dx of bipolar based solely on a DNA test?

She has seen me four times. On the third time her analysis of my symptoms was complete showing ptsd after holding my 9 yr old daughter's skull together after a horrific car crash and leaving her to rescue my other two children, now caring for her 24-7 and losing my husband after he could not tolerate things, because abusive to her then sexually abused me? I have a restraining order out now am divorcing him. I was stable and a Boeing engineer up until this past six months. Coerced into a DNA test, the results came back on the 4th trip and she wanted to put me on a dangerous antipsychotic and mood stabilizer (and tell my other doctors so that my paIn medicine could be this too even though it doesn't treat spasticity only neuropathic pain) -all because I 'carry 2 genes commonly associated with bipolar' when her I had been stable all my life before this with no family hx, stood by the door and said I can get out and she won't turn my p/w in. I feel trapped and scared.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If you disagree with your doctor's assessment, she another doctor. You cannot force a doctor to change their opinion. However, one doctor's opinion does not necessarily means that other doctor's will come to the same conclusions.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Not sure what the paper work is but understand,just because someone prescribes you medicine doesn't mean you have to take it. I would suggest that you get a second opinion. Let me also suggest, and forgive the presumption, but for PTSD you may want to try EMDR therapy. Google "Psychology today EMDR therapist ___________________________" (Insert name of town, state) It's helped hundreds of thousands, doesn't require medication, and may lower your symptoms. If one practiitoner 's EMDR doesn't seem to give you results after 2-4 sessions try anohter. Each practiitioner has different techniques and you may not respond to one but to another.

Good luck!

DO NOT discuss things like this in detail on ANY social media. You want to diary it, fine , just not online.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.